CDC Certified Divorce Coach® is a comprehensive training and certification program for Divorce Coaching. This certification is the professional standard for personal divorce coaching.
Known as the best organization to train and certify personal divorce coaches, the CDC Certified Divorce Coach® program involves training and study through the CDC College for Divorce Coaching® and certification by the CDC Board of Standards®. It is a growing profession for those who share a common desire to change the face of divorce for individuals, families and children.
We are currently registering for our 2017 & 2018 courses.
We invite you to learn more about how you can become a part of our CERTIFIED DIVORCE COACH professional community today!
All classes are held through webinar technology and accessible from anywhere the internet is accessible.
January – April | May – August | September – December
Some of the biggest reasons people join the Divorce Coach Certification training program are:
- To expand the range of the support you offer in your practice to serve divorcing clients in different ways.
- To leverage your own divorce experience to become a trusted thinking partner for individuals in the different phases of the divorce process!
- To create a specialty coaching practice, be confident in your coaching skills, and understand how to collaborate with other divorce professionals.
- To help clients grapple with their questions in the exploration of divorce and in the post-divorce transition.
It’s the most I have gotten from any certification I have received in my career!Samantha Ackers, JD
The CDC program enabled me to hit the ground running!Petalyn Swart-Albert
The materials alone were worth the price!Mellissa Adams, LSW
There are 5 parts of our trademarked CDC Certified Divorce Coach® Program, each an important element which helps you to be successful in providing divorce coaching to your clients and building your divorce coaching business:
1. Specific Divorce Coaching Best Practices
coaching practices specifically designed for working in the most challenging of circumstances with individuals who are stressed to the max!
- Managing the divorce story
- Reducing the overwhelm of divorce
- Managing conflict and having productive conversations
- Avoiding the pitfalls of decision making
- Clarifying goals and decisions throughout the divorce transition process
- Redefining self, values, and vision
- And more…
2. A Structure for Working with your Divorce Clients
tools which help people through the challenges they meet at each of the three stages in divorce:
- Helping them in the “should-I-or-shouldn’t-I” stage
- Getting organized for the process of divorce
- Getting clear about their bottom line in the divorce agreement
- Taking responsibility for the decisions in your divorce
- Becoming a client who is heard by your lawyer – your ex-spouse
- Letting go and moving forward
- Laying foundations for the future
3. 6 Mistakes People Make in Divorce
from which all other mistakes are derived. Because these mistakes have such an impact on the outcome of divorce, learning to recognize and coach people through these mistakes is vitally important in a divorce coaching competency.
- Taking the “My Way or the Highway” approach to negotiating
- Wanting guarantees and certainty
- Forgetting who the decision makers are
- Betting the farm on another relationship
- Throwing in the towel
- Not getting advice from enough sources
4. Business building tools
a complete section in the manual on business development including materials,and scripts you may customize and use for marketing;
- Finding your niche – understanding your client needs
- Coaching practice tools and resources
- Defining what you do – developing a program
- Becoming the Center of Influence
- Creating support groups
- And more…
5. A Community of Practice
During and after the course, you have opportunities for expanding your skills and building community:
- A registered trademarked Certification that licensed professionals can respect
- Mentor Program during first several week of the course
- Peer Coaching during the course and after
- Linkedin and Facebook closed groups
- Complimentary Continuing Education on a monthly basis in the CDC Coach Forum
- Continued access to coach training website for updates and supplemental materials
- Free Find-a-Divorce Coach Directory
- Full page profile page on certifieddivorcecoach.com
- Guest blogger opportunities monthly on certifieddivorcecoach.com
- Serving as Mentor to new course participants
- Collaborating with each other on special projects
- One-on-one coaching to help you through your initial coaching engagements.
Coming to us without coach training?
We include a sixth element if you have never gone through a coach training program –
6. Divorce Coaching Foundations
for non-coaches or those who are not current with recent developments in the field of coaching.
- 11 ICF Core Competencies covered in review and coaching practice sessions
- The neuroscience of coaching and dealing with the reptilian brain
- Understanding the reasons for bad behavior in divorce
- Having enrolling conversations to engage clients in coaching
- Defining your ideal clients and understanding their needs
- Marketing tools and practices in social media
- Leveraging your best assets in high impact marketing
I learned much more than I expected and feel well prepared to work as a divorce coach. I now feel very comfortable coaching people going through divorce which I wasn’t before because I was focused on coaching people after divorce.Gudrun Eichhorst, B.B.
The Mentor Program helped me get up to speed much faster.Cathy Tusek
Concern and support in getting a business up and running.Cherie Morris
You can participate in the program from anywhere in the world.
The sessions are held by webinar so you can be “in class” in the comfort of your own office or home! Our classes have had participants from all over the country – California, Louisiana, Michigan, Indiana, Boston, New York and Florida – and from as far away as New Zealand!
The concepts providing the best practices for divorce coaching are universal and transcend geographic boundaries. We serve and attract students from around the world from fields such as Attorneys, Therapists, Mediators, Coaches, Financial Experts, and other professions, to our community of professionals doing this important work.
Request a call to answer any of your questions including how your existing professional training can be considered into our program pricing.
Why Does Divorce Coaching Have Such Positive Outcomes with Clients?
Clients often do not know where to get the help they need because divorce impacts almost every aspect of a person’s life. All of those changes and the emotional roller-coaster may jeopardize their health, their job, the relationship with their children, their focus, and their problem-solving and decision-making skills. A divorce coach is well trained in how to work with many different aspects of divorce, especially the early phases, and to refer clients to carefully selected resources. One of the things that differentiate a CDC Certified Divorce Coach® is that they know what to do at the beginning of the process not just in the post-divorce transition.
Ready to take the next step? Request a pre-enrollment conversation and form to reserve your seat in the next program.
The story behind why we created the CDC Certified Divorce Coach© Program
Randy Cooper is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™) who has worked with couples in divorce for the past 8 years. After being certified as a Financial Coach, the light bulb went on for him. Since a mediator cannot work with individuals he wanted to expand the ability to serve clients in divorce through divorce coaching.
While most people who are coaching people in divorce focus on the post-divorce transition, he could see that the greatest opportunity to make a difference in the outcomes of the divorce process comes at the beginning of the process – helping a client become clearer and more effective in their approach and avoid the biggest mistakes people make in divorce; while saving money by becoming a better client for the other divorce professionals.
And he enlisted the partnership of Pegotty Cooper, already a coach for 10 years, working with people in difficult situations including job loss, loss of a loved one, uprooting and moving to a new location without a job, and, of course, divorce!
Both of us have seen great results from working with people in divorce and in major life changes. We knew in our hearts there had to be better way to support people from the first question of “should I or shouldn’t I” to the ongoing restructuring of the family and through their transformation so that the next chapter can start with a clean slate!
We would love to have you join us in our Certified Divorce Coach program. If you are still unsure about whether this is for you, please click here to arrange for a phone call OR a SKYPE call to get your questions answered so you can make your choice. The worst place you can be is on the fence because you are stuck in not making a decision to move forward or be happy where you are! Please click on the button below to send an email to us for inquiries and questions.
One of the things I found most valuable in the CDC Certified Divorce Coach Program was the multi-disciplinary aspect of both the fellow coaching students and the different presenters. There was a nice cross-section of professional backgrounds, and personalities, and perspectives. What I understand now as a result of that is that coaching does not have to be just one thing; it can be applied in many different ways and many different contexts. I now have more tools in my toolbox and can help clients in a wider range of circumstances.David Barry, JD
I know how much I have gained by being a part of the CDC Certified Divorce Coach class. I was impressed by how organized and succinct each class was. Having a manual in hand in addition to being in class was wonderful and really helped clarify things.Esther Jacob
While I understood there clearly was a need for coaching support outside the divorce lawyer’s office, finding the right training was not so straight forward. I turned to the highly respected Coach U and found the program was solid and extensive, however, I sensed that to be Divorce Coach I was missing critical training. I could have saved thousands of dollars and year’s worth of training time had I discovered the opportunities that the CDC offered sooner.Debra Block
This class exceeded my expectations and was priceless! The tools were instrumental and provided me with confidence that I can succeed! The knowledge and expertise involved with the class were over the top!!!Kerri-Schnapper
We Invite You to Learn More About How You Can Become a Part of Our CERTIFIED DIVORCE COACH Professional Community Today!